This website is no longer maintained. Its content may be obsolete. Please visit http://home.cern/ for current CERN information.
Next: Operating Systems Availability on ASIS
fvwm Version 2
Philippe Defert IT/DIS
As stated in
here is the latest list of various versions of UNIX which we certify as working
correctly with the CERN-recommended libraries, tools and utilities as of
June 5th 1997:
For those interested in the certification process,
it is described in the Web page:
- HP-UX 9.05 - certified (but CERN support at
the end of this year will be stopped, as explained in the article
in CNL 226,
"Closure of CERN Support for HP-UX 9 ...").
- HP-UX 10.20 - certified
- Solaris 2.5.1 - certified
- Digital UNIX 3.2.d - certified (but CERN support will end in the next year)
- Digital UNIX 4.0.b - certified
- AIX/6000 4.1.4 - certified
The latest news on the certification procedure is always published in the
newsgroup associated with each UNIX flavour (for example
cern.hp, etc.), and
summarised in the Web page listed above and in each CNL.