This website is no longer maintained. Its content may be obsolete. Please visit http://home.cern/ for current CERN information.
Next: Operating System Certification - Present List
Previous: Some Changes in IT Division
The Web Office was created last year as a first measure to coordinate
WWW activities at CERN. This month, the Web Office moves from its old home
in ECP Division into IT Division, so we take
advantage of this opportunity for a short
presentation of our current activities.
At CERN, there are three entities
officially coordinating Web work: the Web Policy Group, the Divisional
Webmasters Group and the Web Office.
The Web Office has a number of projects on the way to ensure availability,
reliability, performance and user satisfaction for the Web service provided
at CERN. Some of the areas we tackle in priority are:
Please visit our page to see the people involved in these projects.
- The evaluation of new CERN Intranet search engines.
- The negotiation and purchase of new Web server and client software.
- The creation of a FAQ database with items of interest to users.
- The propagation and support of the "Guidelines" for publishing
on the Web.
- The organization of seminars, where expert Web authors present
experience useful for the general community.
- Consolidation and improvement of existing services.
For comments and feedback you may contact: